Sunday, April 3, 2011

YouTube and Advertising


YouTube has only existed for 6 years, but already I can't image my life without it. Throughout these few years a lot has changed. Recently it started featuring more and more advertisements. Some videos feature 30 seconds before a video and most others have advertisement banners along the bottom and to the right of the video. I think this was a smart advertisement step, but as a viewer I'm slightly annoyed.
I can handle the short commercials before a video, but the banners are just absurd. The block the bottom third of the video and even though you can close them, I almost always miss the X and end up going to the linked website. Even though this is a smart business move and people probably won't stop watching videos because of it, it still brings an added annoyance to many viewers.

1 comment:

  1. Digital Marketing conference is a great way to stay on the top of these trends when it comes to making your online campaigns much more effective than ordinary and more efficient.

    ReplyDelete