Saturday, April 2, 2011

Awkward Advertising


I'm not sure if it's the intend of the advertisers, but some ads just make me feel down right awkward. I see them and I want to squirm in my seat or change the channel and QUICK. One such commercial is for Schick Quattro Trim Style (for women). It is a two in one razor, one side for legs, the other for bikini trimming.
In the commercial whenever a girl walks by a shrub, the shrub automatically gets trimmed. If you think about it, this makes for a very inappropriate visual. I understand that kids probably won't get the reference. But I did and it made me uncomfortable. I did not care for it.
Another set of commercials that make me switch channels is Axe body spray/ body wash. They almost always depict women fawning over shirtless guys. It's inappropriate and in my opinion a little sexist. The worst one shows Jaime Lee Pressly taking about balls. I just don't care for these innuendo jokes. Even though the media has come along way, that doesn't mean it has to start getting trashy.
I hope for my TV viewing pleasure, that advertisers stay away from this odd method.

No comments:

Post a Comment