Saturday, April 2, 2011

Distracting Advertising


Advertisements are all around us. They are unavoidable, but sometimes this comes at a cost. Many people I know, including myself are easily distracted. When I'm on a website I'm constantly moving from page to page and once in a while an ad will catch my eye. One in particle is American Apparel. Whenever I see there eccentric banners, I have an impulse to click. I end up browsing their site for hours. I have never bought anything but that never stops me from looking.
These distractions may seem harmless but new technologies are becoming dangerously distracting. Most recently I have noticed moving billboards. They are screen billboards that change pictures periodically. These types of advertisements are most often seen at sporting events or places like Times Square. They are fine in these locations, but on the highway I find them distracting. When you're driving you should be concentrating on the road, not looking off to a moving advertisement I think they are dangerous and somewhat stupid. Leave the LCD screens for walking/sitting locations only!

No comments:

Post a Comment